OK, so this might not be the cleanest meal you could make….but its definitely cleaner than grabbing a burrito from the local Mexican restaurant….or Taco Bell! Just make sure to watch your portion sizes because with this meal, its easy to go overboard!
- 1lb lean ground turkey
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (low fat)
- 1 cup of cottage cheese
- 1 cup of clean salsa
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- 4 low carb whole wheat tortillas, cut into strips (I like the santa fe wraps from costco)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a skillet pan cook the ground turkey and onion until brown. Once cooked turn to low and add salsa, black beans, taco seasoning and mix together. Set aside
- In a bowl, combine 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese and the cup of cottage cheese .
- In a baking dish sprayed with nonstick spray, line the pan with 1/2 of the tortilla strips. Scoop 1/2 of the meat mixture on top and spread out, covering the tortillas. Then add 1/2 of the cheese mix on top of the meat and spread. Repeat the layers again with remaining strips, meat, and cottage cheese. Top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes and enjoy! Makes 4 servings at 350 calories each.